Today I’m going to share with you how to make safe, natural grip water that is alcohol-free.
Here’s a break down of the ingredients and why I chose them:
- Ginger: Ginger helps relax a baby’s digestive system, it soothes troublesome tummies and eliminates gas, indigestion, colic, and diarrhea.
- Chamomile. Chamomile helps to reduce inflammation and settles babies when they become are fretful.
- Fennel. Fennel is great for preventing wind and gas.
- Coconut Sugar. Coconut sugar helps by adding some natural sweetness to the gripe water, which in turn makes it easier for your baby to administer.
- Cinnamon. Helps relieve indigestion and gas.
two organic chamomile tea bags
one organic fennel tea bag
1 tsp coconut sugar
1 cube of ginger
1/2 tsp. cinnamon
Bring 500ml of water to the boil in a saucepan. When the water is boiling, take off the heat, pop in the cube of ginger and tea bags.
Add the coconut sugar and cinnamon and stir well, combining the ingredients. Leave to steep for around half an hour.
Once cooled remove the tea bags and ginger.
Store in an airtight, glass container and keep in the fridge for up to 7 days.
Give a little to your baby before each feed. The easiest way to administer this water is through a medicine syringe.
0-3 months 2.5ml
3-6 months 5 ml
6 months onwards 10ml